Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP)
Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) is now open for Moroccan EFL teachers. The program circular has already been sent to by the Minsitry of National Education to the different academies throughout Morocco.
The Teachers of Critical Languages Program is a one year program for EFL teachers to teach Arabic as a Foreign Language to American primary and secondary school students. It is also an opportunity for participants to learn more about American teaching methodologies, culture, and society. It is also a chance to improve their English language proficiency. The program includes TCLP-run workshops and professional development opportunities throught the year.
The exchange teachers also serve as cultural resources in the host school and community.
Teachers must be:
- Moroccan citizens who are currently residing in Morocco;
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Have at least four years of classroom teaching experience at the time of application;
- Have a firm understanding of Modern Standard Arabic and strong English Language skills (both written and spoken);
- Demostrate commitment to current pedagogy and willingness to adapt methodology;
- Demonstrate leadership potential; and
- Possess personal skills, qualities, attitude and motivation that will enable them to function independently and succeed in an intensive academic year in the U.S.