Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a one-year program. It is offered to young and mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, a public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent non-degree study at a leading U.S. university. The program awards a certificate from the U.S. Government; it is not designed to deliver an advanced degree.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from designated countries around the world to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a year of graduate-level academic course work and professional development activities. The Humphrey Program was initiated in 1978 to honor the memory and accomplishments of the late Senator and Vice President, Hubert H. Humphrey. The program provides a basis for establishing lasting ties between citizens of the United States and their professional counterparts in other countries, fostering an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding throughout the world.
Fellowships are granted competitively to professional candidates with a commitment to public service in either the public or private sector. Fellows are selected on their potential for leadership and commitment to public service.
- Agricultural and rural development
- Economic development
- Finance and banking
- Natural resources, environmental policy, and climate change
- Urban and regional planning
Democratic Institution Building
- Law and human rights
- Public policy analysis and public administration
- Trafficking in persons policy and prevention
- Technology policy and management
- Human resource management
- Public health policy and management
- HIV/AIDS policy and prevention
- Substance abuse education, treatment and prevention
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must have:
- A first university degree
- Five years of full-time professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- Demonstrated English language ability.
Interested candidates should complete an online application form.
To start your on-line application, please click on the following link: https://iie.embark.com/apply/
Once you submit your application Form, please bring the following documents to our offices before the deadline: September 1st, 2017:
- 2 Recommendation letters
- Diplomas + English translation
- Transcripts + English translation
- Work Certificate+ English translation
- Authorization from your employer to participate in the Humphrey Fellowship
- ITP test ( Please contact AMIDEAST for more information about this test)
Terms and Conditions:
The Humphrey Fellowship provides: international travel, tuition and university fees, accident/sickness coverage, monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities. The Humphrey Program does not provide financial support for accompanying dependents.
Deadline: September 1st, 2017
For more information, Please contact Ms. Hafsa KANOUBI at firstname.lastname@example.org or <email@example.com>