Post-Doctoral Research Grants for Research
2017-2018 academic year
The Moroccan-American Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange is now accepting applications for post-doctoral research grants from Moroccans who hold teaching and/or research positions in Morocco. The application deadline for the 2017-2018 year is November 15, 2016. Selected candidates may leave for the United States beginning in summer 2017. The duration of the grant is from three to 6 months. Note that the grant period must be continuous and with no interruptions.
The research Grant covers:
- Round-trip airfare
- Monthly stipend
- Settling-in allowance
- Professional allowance
- Dependents allowance
- Health insurance
The application must include:
- A completed and signed grant application form;
- Documentary proof that the applicant holds a graduate degree, preferably a Ph.D., a Doctorat d’Etat, or the equivalent;
- Evidence of an adequate level of English, for example:
- A score of at least 475 on the paper based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); or 52 in the internet-based test (IBT); OR
- A degree from an English-language university; OR
- A university diploma certifying a major in English Studies;
- Your curriculum vitae in English, with a full list of publications and conference papers;
- A detailed description of your research project in English;
- An invitation letter from the American host institution (you sponsor or research partner), indicating agreement to provide facilitative assistance for you during the grant period;
- A clear, detailed action plan for the period of the grant outlining timing and goals of successive phases of the grant.
- Three letters of recommendation from colleagues or other persons able to comment on your level of commitment, your academic record and suitability of the research project;
- The approval of the director of your institution in Morocco.
- Two recent photos.
Eligible candidates should apply online: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/30/
Application Deadline: November 15, 2016
NOTE: Applicants in the medical sciences must show that their project is a research project and not a technical internship. The letter of invitation from their research partner in the United States must be very clear on this point.
Important restriction: Permanent residents of the United States (holders of the “Green Card”) or Moroccan-American dual nationals are not eligible.
For Further information, please contact:
Program Officer Laila Meftah at<firstname.lastname@example.org>