Joint Supervision Doctoral Grant
2015 JOINT MOROCCAN-AMERICAN SUPERVISION SCHOLARSHIPS for Ph.D. Study & Research in the USA
MACECE announces the 2015 Joint Supervision Fulbright Scholarship for doctoral candidates (Doctorat d’Etat) at Moroccan universities. This program allows Moroccan doctoral candidates to pursue a year of study and research in America and provides them with an American Ph.D. co-supervisor. The Joint Supervision Scholarship is a Fulbright scholarship.
Candidates selected under this program spend up to one year at an American university doing dissertation research, taking courses, and other university study related to their Ph.D. The American professor becomes your Ph.D. co-supervisor and must express in writing a clear commitment to help supervise and guide your doctoral work in the United States. Your Moroccan directeur de thèse must also write a letter of support for your participation in this grant. Most successful applications reveal a good relationship already established between the Moroccan and the American professors.
Please consider the following:
- Applications without commitments and authorization from both Moroccan and American professors will not be considered.
- Your application must include an evaluation of your dissertation proposal by both your directeur de thèse and the American Co-Supervisor.
- TOEFL. If you are a candidate in the sciences or engineering, you must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 477 for the paper-based test or an internet-based test (IBT) minimum score of 53. For candidates in the humanities, you must have a minimum 500 or 61. B.A. holders are exempt from this requirement.
- Submit your dissertation proposal as modified for this application.
- State your dissertation’s hypothesis or overall purpose clearly in its first few paragraphs.
- Include a brief review of the relevant literature
- Place the proposal in the context of recent research in your field.
- Include an up-to-date bibliography
Your proposal’s relevance to Morocco’s national needs will be an important element considered by the Selection Committee.
The Joint Supervision Scholarship covers the following:
1. A stipend to meet your living costs at the American university for a total of no more than 12 months, divided into two periods if appropriate;
2. Tuition and other reasonable charges at the American university, subject to MACECE’s and the U.S. co-supervisor’s approval;
3. One or two round-trips between Morocco and the American university;
4. An allowance of up to $1000 for the purchase of books and materials.
5. An allowance of up to $1000 for the purchase or rental of necessary equipment;
6. Medical insurance covering your periods of stay in the U.S.
MACECE will also provide a round-trip ticket and per diem to the American co-supervisor to attend the PhD thesis defense of the Moroccan student.
The maximum period over which Joint Supervision is disbursed is two years.
For Further information, please contact Program Officer Laila Meftah <email@example.com>
The 2015-2016 application deadline is mid-December 2014