Private Sector Funding
In order to assure the future strength and viability of its grant programs, MACECE has embarked upon a campaign to find partners in the private sector and among individuals wishing to share in the critical mission of encouraging educational and cultural exchange between the two countries.
The Fulbright Business Advisory Council (FBAC)
Established in June 1998, the FBAC has been the locomotive of generating financial support and innovative ideas from leaders of the Moroccan business community. The FBAC groups 36 of Morocco’s most important business leaders interested in strengthening binational educational exchanges.
The efforts of the FBAC have resulted in the creation of eleven new Fulbright scholarships. These Corporate sponsored grants, which were created in 1999, bear the name of the sponsoring company along with the Fulbright name.
The following companies have sponsored or pledged to sponsor a total of 17 Fulbright Scholarships for a combined worth of $1M: Boeing, CMS Energy, Coca-Cola, Forafric, MIFA, Mobil Oil, OCP, ONA, Pfizer, Somepi, Wafa.
The Mohammed VI Scholarship Endowment Fund
In May 2000, His Majesty King Mohammed VI gave his approval for the creation of an endowment fund bearing his name. The Mohammad VI Fund was launched on the occasion of the second Annual Gala Dinner. Thanks to generous corporate and individual sponsorship, the Endowment Fund amounts to over 2 million Dirhams. The invested capital of this fund is intended to generate revenues that will constitute an additional source of income for MACECE’s grant programs for well-qualified Moroccans. While the annual MACECE Gala Dinner is the primary means of increasing its capital base, the Endowment Fund will provide a vehicle for continuous fundraising through other special events as well as occasional corporate and individual gifts.
What you can do
You can help support the Moroccan-American Commission’s valuable efforts to foster educational exchange and intellectual dialogue between the U.S. and Morocco. We welcome financial contributions and would be happy to discuss details with potential donors. To support the Commission, you can:
- Contribute to the development of new types of scholarships. Corporate donors may wish to establish a hyphenated grant to sponsor a Master’s degree program for Moroccan students of a particular profile in a specified field. Individual donors may also establish hyphenated grants.
- Donate copies of your published or unpublished work (books, articles, dissertations, etc.) to the Moroccan-American Academic Research Center (MAARC) housed at the commission. We are particularly keen to enrich our North African and North American area studies collections with the works of former MACECE grantees.
- Sponsor publications by former grantees. We are hoping to initiate a series of anthologies of papers by MACECE alumni. Make in-kind contributions towards the accomplishment of specific projects or program goals.
- Participate in orientation sessions for new grantees by giving lectures without compensation.
- Become active in the Moroccan Fulbright Alumni Association (MFAA).
- In order to assist MACECE in updating its database, we ask our grantees to email us their updated contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.